Thursday, August 30, 2012

Neuroscience + Social Behavior = A Great Opportunity (And I Want In)

As the last few decades have demonstrated, neuroscience is one of the most potent fields for powerful and profound scientific discoveries. Put simply, neuroscience is the study of how the human brain works. Of course, anyone studying this area of research knows that neuroscience is not merely a one-way ticket to understanding everything about our minds; it is linked to countless other forms of scientific investigation, and it is just one piece of the vast puzzle that is a human being.

I chose to take Neuroscientific Approaches to Social Behavior because I want to understand more about the various influences that shape me and all other human beings. In particular, I seek to learn more about epigenetic factors behind human behavior, because human beings are very much the product of both genetics and environmental stimuli acting on our genetics. 

Through this course and hopefully future ones like it, I want to understand human behavior to to the best of my ability so that I can make a difference in the effort to create a better and more humane world.


I thought I would post this picture below because it sums up my understandings and goals perfectly:


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that your end game is a more humane world; mine is as well. It is possible to use the information we learn about human behavior and the brain for good and for evil; hopefully I can convince everyone in this class to put their knowledge towards helping mankind.

    ReplyDelete