Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A.I. Movie Project: Final Thoughts


Overall, I really enjoyed the movie assignment. I think it was a fun project because we got to explore great movies about artificial intelligence and be creative in the process. The assignment was also a fantastic opportunity for deep thinking and analysis, not just about the movies, but also about the class, human and technological progress, and the world in general. Furthermore, my partner was a real pleasure to work with, and we had a blast with each other.
Admittedly, my partner and I had a lot of trouble narrowing down AI movies that were not already selected. This problem is the only aspect of the project that I didn’t like. I think the assignment needs to modified so that everyone has an easier time in making make movie decisions as soon as possible. Furthermore, the project should use a broader theme, because AI movies that are not in the mainstream can be quite hard to track down.
The only other downside, which was not directly related to the project itself, was the difficultly my partner and I had in meeting; we had very busy and conflicting schedules. However, in the end, we were able to work around any challenges and create an incredible Powerpoint show.
To conclude, I want to thank Professor Harris for an excellent class and the amazing opportunities presented by this project. It is a great send-off for the semester, especially considering Christmas is almost here!


http://hplusmagazine.com/sites/default/files/images/articles/feb10/artificial-intelligence.gif

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you say about the movie project. It was a fun way to think deeply about artificial intelligence!

    ReplyDelete